Thursday, December 6, 2007

first post

Things take a long time. Things move slowly. Conversations begin and trail off, then pick up again. We plant seeds in the ground and then 4,6, 8 months later we enjoy the fruit of the plant. We are in process, a slow one. Change creeps. At times it feels like we're not moving at all. I wonder about what Jayber Crow recollected that the seemingly zig-zag path of progress we make is more like a very straight line when viewed from near the end of one's life. Will I see it that way when I'm 75 years old?

Now, I'm going to use this blog to work out some stuff with myself. It will deal with among other things:

architecture
the church (capital C and lower case c)
how those previous two things relate and don't relate
family & friends
the city, community & place
frustration
hope
things I'm reading about and learning about
music
growing things (in the ground)
weeding (the garden and my soul, as Krys refers to it)

So we'll see where this thing goes.

3 comments:

cassia said...

yay, BB!

Brian T. Murphy said...

welcome to the evil blog world!

BB said...

thanks! I couldn't resist diving in...